Gloucester Law Centre provides free, confidential and impartial legal advice to Gloucester residents
- Welfare Benefits: Currently we are unable to provide benefits advice. For Gloucester City residents please contact North & West Gloucestershire Citizens Advice on 0808 189 6280, If you are a Gloucester City Homes tenants ONLY they are provide benefits advice please contact them on 01452 424 344.
- Housing: At present we are unable to taking on any new housing cases, please contact Wiltshire Law Centre on 01793 486 926 who are covering for us in the meantime.
What we don’t do
- Family Law We are sorry but we no longer have a contract to provide family advice and this service area is closed
- Anything to do with criminal law including benefit fraud
- Debt and finance
- Consumer advice
- Form filling
- Housing transfers, allocations and victims of neighbourhood nuisance
- Immigration advice
If the Law Centre cannot help you, we will try to refer you to another nearby organisation that can.
Who can use us?
People who live within the city boundaries (pay council tax to Gloucester City Council) can use our services (see above). We may also be able to help other residents of Gloucestershire who qualify for free legal help.
Please call us if you want to check if you are eligible for help.
If the Law Centre cannot help you, we will try to refer you to another nearby organisation that can. Sometimes there is no free advice available due to the changes to legal aid.
Please see our Contact page for opening times, address etc.