Gloucester Law Centre provides free, confidential and impartial legal advice to Gloucester residents
What we do
We offer advice in these areas of law only:
- Immigration (Not available at present as currently recruiting a locum)
- Asylum (Not available at present as currently recruiting a locum)
- Welfare Benefits (Only available for tenants of Gloucester City Homes)
- Family Law (Not available at present as currently recruiting)
What we don’t do
- Anything to do with criminal law including benefit fraud
- Debt and finance
- Consumer advice
- Form filling (except for Carers Allowance, ESA50, Disability Living Allowance, PIP and Housing Benefit/ Council tax benefit forms)
- Housing transfers, allocations and victims of neighbourhood nuisance
- Immigration advice except bail and Indefinite Leave to Remain where there has been domestic violence
- Benefit advice is restricted to Gloucester City residents only
If the Law Centre cannot help you, we will try to refer you to another nearby organisation that can.
Who can use us?
People who live within the city boundaries (pay council tax to Gloucester City Council) can use our services (see above). We may also be able to help other residents of Gloucestershire who qualify for free legal help.
Please call us if you want to check if you are eligible for help.
If the Law Centre cannot help you, we will try to refer you to another nearby organisation that can. Sometimes there is no free advice available due to the changes to legal aid.
Please see our Contact page for opening times, address etc.